To provide knowledge and insight to schools on managing construction activities in school for the whole range of projects from small scale to large scale
In conjunction with other councils in West Yorkshire this half day seminar has been organised with Health and Safety Executive Inspectors to provide knowledge and insight to schools in managing construction activities in school for the whole range of projects from small scale to large scale:- The Seminar will cover:-
There will be exhibitions and the chance to ask plenty of questions! Please note: Due to the costs of hosting the event there will be £20 fee for delegates who are booked on the seminar but fail to attend without 5 days' notice of cancellation.
- What is classed as construction - you'd be surprised
- HSE inspectors - lessons to be learned from construction work in schools
- Common hazards from construction - including case studies
- Contractors - how do you manage them
- What do you need to think about when carrying out construction works - whether they are done by contractors or your own staff
- Q A
The course is aimed at Headteachers/School Business Managers/Site Managers/Governors from maintained and academy schools in Kirklees.