As valued customers of Kirklees Business Solutions, Headteachers, School Business Managers and Governors are invited to a showcase event to give you the opportunity to meet with representatives from the services on offer and learn more about how we can help you meet your business needs for the coming year.
We are also delighted to introduce the new Governor Module which will allow Governors and School Business Managers to access their own governing body information so please book onto a workshop to learn more about this exciting development.
There will also be workshops to showcase the development of “The Store” which is the new and more intuitive way to buy services through Kirklees Business Solutions. We will show you how to purchase services and help you understand how to use the new Annual order process.
In the IT suite will be a number of representatives from Kirklees Business Solutions to support you with any questions on how to use the platform or to help you make purchases.
Please book onto this event and workshops in Kirklees Business Solutions
These workshops will include an introduction to the new Governor module, with an overview of all the new features. The benefits of going paperless and resources available.
14:30 - 15:00 Workshop 1
15:30 - 16:00 Workshop 2
16:00 – 16:30 Workshop 3
17:00 – 17:30 Workshop 4
These workshops will show you how to make purchases through the Store and cover the Annual order process. A quick overview of running financial reports.
15:00 - 15:30 Workshop 1
16:30 - 17:00 Workshop 2
We look forward to meeting with you
Kirklees Business Solutions Team
Free Training Courses run by the Base
The Base are excited to launch a new training series for anyone who works with young people under the age of 21. These are great refresher courses, great to top up knowledge and for CPD.
All of the posters with the session aims are attached and below. Please do share with colleagues. All training is free.
• Please book via the Eventbrite links below.
• Venue: Yorkshire Children’s Centre, Brian Jackson House, The Basement, 2 New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP.
31st January 2020: How to have a safe night out: Alcohol Training
3rd February 2020: The Drugs Box (a-z of drugs)
7th February 2020: Cannabis Awareness
10th February 2020: White Powders and Party drugs
To learn more see the Change Grow Live website
Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2019
I’d like to draw your attention to Part 5 of the statutory guidance for schools and colleges, available onGOV.UK which was introduced for the first time in September 2018. It covers managing reports of child on child sexual violence and sexual harassment in schools and colleges. We know that many schools and colleges get their safeguarding information from their local authority and work closely with them when cases arise.
• Nothing is more important than safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
• Children can sexually abuse other children and it doesn’t only happen in secondary schools; it can take place in primary schools too.
• Child on child sexual violence and sexual harassment exists in many forms, from calling someone sexualised names, flicking bra straps, lifting up skirts, grabbing bottoms, breasts and genitalia to sexual assault and rape.
• Sexual violence and sexual harassment can happen online and offline (and in many cases there will be an element of both).
• Schools and colleges need to know how to identify it, manage reports and support all parties involved.
• It is essential that all victims are reassured that they are being taken seriously and that they will be supported and kept safe. A victim should never be given the impression that they are creating a problem by reporting sexual violence or sexual harassment. Nor should a victim ever be made to feel ashamed for making a report.
• Sexual violence and sexual harassment are not acceptable, should never be tolerated and should never be seen as an inevitable part of growing up.
• Everyone who comes into contact with children has a role to play in protecting them.
Detailed advice to support schools and colleges understand, prevent and respond to reports of child on child sexual violence and sexual harassment and how and when to refer cases is available here.
Online Safety Awareness – Unico App
Unico Live is a live streaming app with unicorn imagery which is likely to appeal to children. It allows users to broadcast live video of themselves over the internet. There have been reports of the app being used inappropriately by adults to encourage children to engage in sexualised activity. Other live streaming apps are also available and have similar risks. Schools are recommended to raise staff awareness of the risks of Unico and other live streaming apps, and to share this information with parents via school websites and newsletters.
Further information about the Unico Live app and the risks can be found on the Safer Schools blog
New Governor Portal Coming in 2020
In the New Year, as part of Kirklees Council’s wider move to more accessible online services the Governor Clerking Service will be utilising a new web based system to provide administrative support to schools and their governing bodies.
This online governor portal forms part of the new Kirklees Business Solutions platform that Headteachers and School Business Managers will be familiar with. As well as buying services from the council and accessing training via this site school governance will now also be managed here.
A showcase event will be held on Monday, 3 February 2020 to launch the governor portal and give schools the chance to familiarise themselves with the system and learn about some of the benefits.
Ease of access - schools will now have access to their governance information, including board composition, governor terms of office and meeting dates. As the portal is web based it will also be accessible from all devices.
Documents store - all governor documents will be stored on the portal and accessible at anytime from anywhere further streamlining the process for those schools that opt for a paperless service.
Meetings calendar – future dates of your governing body meetings will be available in one single accessible calendar and the portal will even send out email reminders prior to meetings.
More details about the showcase will be published closer to the time but plan to have a representative from your school there to learn about all this and more.