Energy Heroes! Is a free Year 5 maths resource project is linked with the national curriculum to bring energy usage, data handling and sustainable behaviour into maths and science. It is designed to help with improving Y5 children’s data handling skills within the context of energy and climate change. This is achieved through a series of 6 lessons plans directly linked to the aims of the maths and science 2014 National Curricul
The project consists of the following elements:
- A twilight teacher training session/ webinar for a teacher and business manager/caretaker to run through all aspects of the resources.
- An ‘Energy Heroes!’ whole school assembly to kick off the excitement for every pupil!
- An 'Energy Heroes!' kick-off lesson to begin the learning for the year 5 students.
- A free Energy Audit undertaken with some keen eco-detectives to find the 5 actions to help your school save energy.
- Teaching resources for 5 further lessons (placed within the maths 2014 curriculum.)
- Home challenges for the children to embed their behaviour changes at home and teach their families to do the same, reducing energy costs.
- A community event pack to allow the students to share their learning.
- Resources to build your own school’s energy display board to help you reduce energy consumption by 10%.
- A follow-up visit to see your display board and help celebrate your success!
The aim is for children to really understand energy, where it comes from, how we use it and ultimately how to save it.
If you’d like to part of this free resource, please let energy heroes know so they can book you a place for the autumn term.
Our website: www.energyheroes.org.uk